Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tiger's Dream Possibilities and Update from Colleen Houck

Ok, I'm not sure what this will be about, because the fourth book had a definite series ending feel. All loose ends tied up. Happy ending for everyone. So here are my thoughts for what the 5th book might be:

1) A telling of the story from Ren's perspective. This would be cool, because I LOVED the part of Midnight Sun that Stephanie Meyer wrote. I read the Twilight series because of Edward (I ended up not particularly liking Bella and HATED Jacob). So this would be cool. His dream came true...Tiger's Dream? Maybe?

2) A book about Ren and Kelsey's son? Since the epilogue was titled "Rising Generation"? I don't feel like it can continue Ren, Kelsey's and Kishan's story with the ending that the fourth book had. So maybe it will carry on with a story about the baby?

3) It continues the trio's story. Maybe Lokesh comes back somehow and the trio has to take him down again (either in their time or they have to go to the past again or something). That way Kishan gets to see his brother again and meet his nephew, etc. Since there was a line in Kishan's note at the end that said "Perhaps in another time and another place we will meet again".

What does everyone else think?

EDIT: 10/8/12

Ok, I went to a book signing of Colleen Houck's last week. She said that the 5th book has not been bought because her publisher did not want more than 4 books. So that is the reason we got an ending in book 4...which I very much appreciate. She is still planning on writing book 5, though it will be really hard for her to get a publisher to pick it up since it will be just one book and they can't sell it as a boxed set with the other 4. But she's still writing it, and said she would self-pub it worst case scenario. Just wanted to clear that all up. Though, I still have no idea what book 5 will be about due to that ending. I'm still contemplating my above predictions. Because someone asked Houck if book 5 was from Kelsey's perspective, and she said "maybe".

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the book should continue on but then kelsey learns that she is not fully human but she is also a tiger and a white dragon with wings and kelsey and rens son also has the ability to shift and ren can still change into a tiger.

Kristen said...

That's an interesting thought. I've never heard that one before. What would be the reasoning for Kelsey actually being a tiger/white dragon? She wasn't cursed like Ren and Kishan.

But I like the idea that their son can shift into a tiger. But I'm not sure how you would get around the fact that the curse was broken. But that would make an interesting story if there was some way to explain it.

butterflies still chase dreams said...

I think a story about Kishna and Durga would be cool. About how they overcame everything and fell in love and truly became the Damon/Durga pair. All we got was Kishna staying behind and a letter telling us that they went through a lot and now he has a love for Durga. I would love to hear about what happens. :)

Sowmya said...

Though fifth book seems tempting, i think its best to close the book till fourth. i mean c'mon....kelsey and ren's baby....it seems it needs to be written just for the sake of writing something....fourth book seems the perfect ending to the tiger saga...

Anonymous said...

Okay I would like to say this, I loved the books I honestly did. A fifth book might be too much but it would also be a great idea. In the ending of the fourth book Kishan wrote that statement, as well with the discription of the baby. In my PERSONAL opinion the BABY could be KISHAN ever thought of that? I mean come on, the baby has golden eyes r.r, Kelsey doesn't, Ren doesn't WHO ELSE?! The book should be about the baby and how they are figuring things out, and how Kelsey and Ren are distraught then learn that their kid is Kishan, and Kelsey is starting to get visions but from Kadahm, even though he's dead there is still a past him. And I know i'm going everywhere but bear with me xD. And no it was not a LOVE for Durga, it was a friendship how they came to be friends not lovers. And I think the baby turning into a tiger is a great idea, even though the curse was broken it is still a part of Ren. There could still be an "Inner" animal still within Ren but its dorment now, but not with the child. And somehow Lokesh could come back, I mean he is a crazy psychopathic WEIRDO. But yeah this is my opinion on how the fifth book should be and explaning and yadda yadda, not trying to be rude but just yeah lol I love the books though, I am excited about the fifth book, ya never know what could happen.

Anonymous said...

Orrrrrrrr sorry this is an add on SORRY but also Lokesh could have had another decendent that NO ONE knew about, or one of his "Followers" could still be under a spell or just really liked him and decided to go on with Lokesh's plan.

Kristen said...

Sowmya - I agree that I think the 4th book had a perfect ending. If she continues with Ren and Kelsey's story, I'm not sure how i'm going to feel. But if she made the 5th book as their story from one of the guys' POV, it would be fun to read. I loved the portion of midnight sun that I read. But part of that is because I read Twilight for Edward, and not Bella. But I love the little quotes that Houck posts on her facebook page that are from Ren's POV. So I think it would be fun to read. But if she continues Ren and Kelsey's story for another book, I'm not sure how excited I'd be about it.

Shelby - That's an interesting idea about the baby being Kishan. That's possible, I mean, the whole time travel thing, you can't really rule anything out. But I have a hard time figuring out how that would happen because Kishan was already born as Ren's brother...so does he get reincarnated as their baby or something? I'm not sure. But with the golden eyes, that's a pretty interesting prediction.

Unknown said...

May be Kelsey should think that all is fine, but the curse really isn't broken, and Lokesh is still alive, and is waiting to plot his final move and steals the amulet, but breaks again, to Kishan, and Kelsey and Ren, and Kelsey gets powers as well, and the curse is weak, but still alive!!!

Unknown said...

Ok I'm a bit late. Perhaps it could be centered around Anik. How about as he gets older he gets more rambunctious. And one morning Kelsey finds him as a Bengal tiger. Kelsey is terrified, and wants to know how this could be. Ren and Kelsey go to Durga, but she has no idea how their son could be a tiger when he had no contact with the Damon amulet. Dhiren must become the tiger again because a new threat arises toward Anik. And perhaps a reappearance of Kishan? And maybe a new god is against hem?

Unknown said...

Tomara que seja na perspectiva do Ren, que nem no bĂ´nus "um sonho esquecido"!!!

Unknown said...

I definitely like the idea of it being the story re told by Ren, but I'm thinking (And hoping) That maybe its a book about what happened with Durga and Kishan, because I feel like we didn't get enough info on that part and that could be cool to read.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...