Thursday, July 25, 2013

Movie Review: Despicable Me 2



I saw Despicable Me 2 last weekend.  I absolutely loved the first one and I'm always so leery of sequels, because they usually don't do the first one justice.  While the first Despicable Me is still my favorite, the sequel was still quite entertaining and I will definitely buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray.

As with the first movie, the previews really didn't let you know what the movie was going to be about.  So I had no expectations.  This movie is actually about Gru who now has adopted the girls and is sad when he is no longer in the villain world.  He is approached by Anti-Villain League to help catch, what else? Villains!!

This movie actually focuses on the girls more as well.  Mostly on Agnes and her struggle that she doesn't have a mom while the other kids at school do.  But also with her relationship with Gru.  It was so sweet.  And it also deals with Margo getting older and liking boys and what that is like as a father.  Edith's character didn't really have much growth in this movie, she's just usually there to be funny.

I really liked the girl from the Anti-Villain League that Gru has to team up with to catch the super villain.  She was really funny and perfect match for Gru.  And there were more flashbacks to Gru's life as a child which are always fun and sad at the same time.

And the minions.  We cannot forget the minions.  They are by far the best part of these movies.  They are hilarious. And though they don't speak English, you can still always figure out what they're talking about.  I remember seeing pictures of purple crazy haired minions once I saw the movie...but I won't spoil it for you what that is.  You'll just have to go see yourself.

Overall I thought it was really cute.  I really liked the ending of it.  I think they did a really good job with the sequel, but of course, the original will always be my favorite because it was so unique.  I love Steve Carell.  I'm not sure if anyone else could make Gru who he is.

If you liked the first Despicable Me, I highly suggest you go see the sequel.  You won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...