Saturday, September 14, 2013

Big News!!

I'm sorry for not being very active over the past month.  Things have been pretty crazy at home.  We found out some big news about 8 weeks ago.  News that I can finally share with everyone.  However, once finding out this news, it's kept us pretty busy.  So, are you ready??

I'll give you a little hint with some pictures of my dogs...




Yep, you guessed it!  We're expecting our first baby in March 2014!  We are very excited.  But we have a lot of work to do before we're ready for this baby to arrive.

This is my first pregnancy, so everything is new and weird.  I had no idea what to expect.  I had gone to my doctor for some severe stomach pains.  While I was there, they had run a pregnancy test to be sure, and they said that I wasn't.  They scheduled an ultrasound for the next week to see if they could figure out what was causing my pain.  A few hours later, I got a call back from my doctor, and she said that they had received new pregnancy tests in, and the lab girls ran it at the wrong time length.  When they ran it again, I was pregnant!  After all that craziness, I finally narrowed my stomach pains down to certain foods I was eating.  I was miserable for about 3 weeks though before I figured it out.  I haven't been able to eat or even look at a bell pepper since.

We've had several doctors appointments since then, and everything now seems to be going well.  I had virtually no morning sickness (thank goodness!) but that also means that I just don't feel pregnant.  So I look forward to going to the doctor because seeing the baby on an ultrasound or hearing the heartbeat reminds me that I am pregnant.  Our next appointment isn't for about 4.5 weeks though...but it's the best appointment of all...we'll get to find out if it's a boy or girl!!

Anyways, now that the good news is over, now you will know why we've been so busy.  Our current guest room will become the nursery, because obviously with Brandon writing we can't give up the office.  And we honestly only have guests about once a year (this year it will be twice!).  However, the room that is currently the guest room has windows facing both east and south.  So not only does the sun shine right into the room as soon as it is up, it also gets very hot having a window facing south.  Especially in the summer.  And it's light in this room almost all day.  So we decided it would be best to switch the rooms.  Move our current office to the other room.  Then for a short period of time move the guest room to the other side of the hallway.  Then after my friend stays with us in October, we'll start changing it to a nursery.  This other room has two windows (one large with a window seat, and another small window) both facing west.  So yes, it will be exposed to the west sun, but it's only for a while until it goes behind the houses across the street.  And that room stays much cooler and darker most of the day.  I actually tested both rooms out last weekend, and I swear there was at least a 5 degree temperature difference between the rooms.

So with all that said, we've had a lot of projects we're working on. And my friend is coming in early October, so we have a very short time to get this all done.  Keep an eye our for posts on these projects.  In the meantime, wish us good luck preparing for baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...