Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Book Review: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search Part 3by 
Date Read:  11/4/2013
Rating: ★


This was a good ending to the Zuko's Mom story. We get a happy ending and finally found out what happened to his mom!!! If you've seen the Avatar series and need an answer, pick up The Search Series.

[ SPOILER: I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the whole new face thing. But it was fun that it tied in to Koh. But in some ways it seemed like a cop out to me of what happened to her. Maybe it would be been better if she got a new face but she hadn't chosen to forget Zuko and Azula. It would have been better to have seen her watching them from afar but not being able to do anything to help them for fear of Ozai retaliating and hurting the children. But otherwise I thought it was good. And it will be interesting to see Zuko with another sister - who isn't crazy! ]

Toph was completely absent from this story arc. It will be nice to have her back in the next miniseries. I'm curious as to how they're going to handle Azula. Are they ever going to make her sane again? Or will she stay crazy forever? I'm not sure how I would prefer that go. I absolutely loved her mental breakdown at the end of the TV series. And I'm glad to see she's still having some serious crazy moments. But it would almost be a happy ending if they could find a way to bring her back to reality and have a relationship with Zuko. But she's so far gone, it might be a little too "happy ending" to have it end that way. And the tension between them is really good.

The art was still really good in this book. The bending is depicted really well in these books since they can only show a few moves. And I felt that the characters were all still pretty much themselves. The only thing that still bothers me is when Kataang (Katara and Aang) use the word "sweetie" when talking to each other. It just sounds so awkward! But at the same time I love seeing them together.

Watching Korra has made me think maybe Aang doesn't grow up to be this perfect parent that I thought he would. Listening to his kids Bumi, Kya, and Tenzin talk, it seems like he had super high expectations of them and they could never reach them. So I'm looking forward to watching them grow up and how he changes.

And I still need to know who ends up with who! Who does Zuko, Sokka, and Toph end up with in the end?! We know Toph has a daughter, so she had to have hooked up with someone! I'm hoping these graphic novel series continue and bring us up to current times with Korra.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...