Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book Review: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 1

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 1
by  (Writer), (Writer), (Writer), (Illustrator)
Date Read: 3/12/14
Rating: ★ ★ ★

 
I had heard this series was going to be about Toph.  When the book started, it didn’t seem to be about Toph at all!  But don’t worry, by the end, it switches to her, and I have a feeling most of the remainder of the series will be about her.

All the kids are starting to get older now.  I’m happy about this because there are still a lot of questions I want answered – specifically what happens to Sokka? From watching Korra, we know that he ends up on the council, but does he ever marry anyone (Suki)? Does he have kids?  How does Toph have a kid?

These questions are not answered in this book, but the kids are growing up, so it’s nice.  Although they still act like they did in the series.  I feel that the illustrator did a great job with all of them, except Iroh.  I had no idea that was supposed to be him until someone called him by name!

The story was pretty good.  I wasn’t sure where it was going.  It kept me guessing.  I enjoy watching the world move forward from the show and start evolving in to what we see in Korra.  Does anyone else think we’ll be seeing more of this new character that was introduced??

The characters still seemed true to themselves…but the “Sweetie” thing is still weird.  There’s still the humor we love and the tense plot.  I really enjoy these.  I think fans of the show will still continue to enjoy these graphic novels.  And I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Toph.  We should definitely get some character development in this series for her.  Can’t wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...