Monday, April 14, 2014

Boy or Girl Voting Image - without using photoshop!


 
This week, we officially get to find out whether our baby is a boy or a girl.  We are so excited to finally be able to add a real pronoun when talking about our baby.  Instead of using “Baby” as a pronoun, we will be able to say he or she.  We will finally be able to narrow down our baby name list.  We can start picking out nursery decorations and registering for things. And most importantly, it will make it more real and we get to see our baby again to make sure he or she is still okay.

In honor of the occasion, we decided to post a picture on facebook and take a poll of whether everyone thinks we’re going to have a girl or boy.  We dressed up both dogs, one with a tie for a boy, and the other in a tutu and headband for a girl.  I took separate pictures of them, and then merged them in to one picture.  I do not have photoshop, so I did this all in powerpoint.

I edited my pictures in the free editing programs I have on my computer first.  Then, I inserted both pictures on to one slide in powerpoint.  I put them side by side, and then added a shape.  In this case, I inserted a quote box.  Then in the quote box, I added a text box to type “I vote for a brother!” and “I vote for a sister!”

I saved the powerpoint file (in case I wanted to make any changes), and then I saved it as a JPEG.  This way I could actually upload the photo to facebook.

The picture was quite a hit and so far the vote is 9-7 for girl!  So….what does everyone in the blog world think we’re going to have?  We find out on April 16!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...