Thursday, July 17, 2014

Book Review: Hawkeye, Vol 1: My Life as a Weapon

Hawkeye, Vol 1: My Life as a Weapon
by  Matt Fraction, David Aja (Illustrations), Javier Pulido (Illustrations), Alan Davis (Illustrator)
Date Read:  7/13/14
Rating: ★ ★ ★


I admittedly only read the first 3 comics in this book, as they were recommended by my husband. He read the whole book and said that these 3 were the best and the other ones were mediocre at best.

I did really enjoy those first 3. The whole flashback thing was a little confusing at first - I wasn't sure what was current and what was flashback, but I finally got used to it. My favorite story was the one about the dog. And I loved that the dog came back in future comics as a side character.

I liked the art in those comics. The story was interesting - and written in an interesting way. I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed them.

The art did look very different with the remaining comics, and I didn't think it looked as interesting as the previous ones. My husband confirmed it was a different artist.

I can't give a review on the rest of the book, but if you pick it up, I think those first 3 are well worth a read.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...