Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Book Review: How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse

How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse
by  Cressida Cowell
Date Read:  2/10/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
★ ★ 

I’m really happy that by book 4, the plot seemed to mix up a little bit. That was always a gripe with the Lemony Snicket books for me.  While this book still follows another harrowing adventure for Hiccup, this book found us traveling not with Fishlegs, but with Kamakaze.

A couple other new characters were introduced as well. And in addition to this, it wasn’t the same villain.   I really liked the references to the “mythological potato” and “America”. Haha. It was a nice little plot twist at the end; though I was still pretty much expecting that.

I also am proud that Stoick comes to an understanding at the end of the book as well. Overall, this book was a very good development in the series.  I can’t wait until my daughter is old enough to read them.

And I just want to reiterate how amazing this narrator is!  It's amazing how many distinctly different voices he can create, and that he can keep them all straight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...