Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Book Review: The Lightlings

The Lightlings
by  R.C. Sproul
Date Read:  2/15/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
 ★ 

I picked this book up at the annual massive VNSA used booksale here in Phoenix this weekend.  I picked it up because the illustrations were beautiful and I flipped through and the words seemed long enough for my child's bedtime routine, which is starting to get a little longer now that she's getting older.

I didn't realize at the time that this is actually a Christian book. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened to the front page and there was a bible verse. The whole story is actually about the creation, fall, and redemption of man. It is done in a beautiful way to get children involved. It's also on a much lower level that they can understand. I was very happy with this book and so glad that I picked it up - unknowingly.

I highly recommend this book to any Christian family that has young children learning the concepts of their religion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...