Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Book Review: The Wyrm King (Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles #3)



The Wyrm King (Beyond #3)
by  Holly BlackTony DiTerlizzi
Date Read:  3/9/16
Rating: ★ ★ 

This was a satisfying conclusion to the world of the Spiderwick Chronicles. 

I thought the description of the giant wyrm king guy was disgusting. But I enjoyed how you initially thought the giants were the problem, but they aren’t the worst problem. It was interesting to watch the kids figure it out.

What I liked most was that Jared, Simon, and Mallory all showed back up. I really enjoyed those characters so it was fun to have them again. I liked the big group they had and that Jack’s son was involved. I’ve enjoyed the world of the faeries, but I’ve decided that not very many of them are actually nice.

I really disliked Tolua. She was irritating with her singing of everything. Perhaps it was the reader also, but she was a brat in addition to being annoying. And Sandspur. I just don’t really like any of the creatures from that world.

I however didn’t like the reader very much. He didn’t have much inflection in his voice and the characters all sounded the same. I know that everyone can’t be like the guy that reads How Train Your Dragon, but a little bit of difference between voices is appreciated. Since you aren’t reading it, you can’t see the change in paragraphs and quotations to tell when someone else starts talking.

Overall this was a good series to read/listen to. It’s a nice one for driving. You don’t have to be super focused on it to know what is going on. I think it’s a fun read for kids also because it introduces them to the folklore of faerie in a fun way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...