Friday, June 3, 2016

Book Review: How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (#11)

How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (#11)
by  Cressida Cowell
Date Read:  5/31/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
     

I am having a hard time typing up a review for this book. It was just so good that it’s hard to put my finger one what I loved about it.

I really liked how it focused on Snotlout.  The entire story you are wondering which side Snotlout is going to choose and how Hiccup will deal with Snotlout’s decisions.  You get to get inside Snotlout’s mind a little more in this so you can really see where he is coming from and why he is struggling to pick the right side. It was really very well done.

I can’t believe that the final two books happen within a 48 hour period. It just seems like so much to cover! But it means that it will be fast paced.  Hiccup fails a lot in this book – but you keep cheering for him and feel bad for all his failures. But it is those failures that makes him such a good hero as he keeps persevering.

Some things worked out really well for him tho, and it was humorous. Camicazi and Fishlegs had to work together in this book and it was utterly humorous. I absolutely love Camicazi – her bravery and loyalty make her lovable and then her strength and wisdom helps them move through this book. I love that she never loses faith in Hiccup.  Fishlegs’ new dragon is pretty awesome too!

Snotlout gives a really long speech in this book at the end when he is interacting with Hiccup. You really learn more about where Snotlout is coming from and you can see the change in his heart. It's the first time you really can connect with him.

The ending of the book is pretty grim. There is a death which is one of the most impactful deaths I’ve ever read.  I expected a death since they killed off Stoic in the second movie…but the way it happened was so well done. This death also has a huge impact on Hiccup. It will definitely help shape him to who he becomes after this series is over.

I am so bummed that the audio book for the final installment hasn’t been released yet! Now I have to wait a month for it to be released!  I need to know how it ends and what happens to the dragons!  How are Hiccup and his friends going to make it to the island when it has a magical border around it now? Will the Woodensfang follow through on his promise and bring the King to the Dragon Furious?  Will that be Alvin??  I can’t wait to get answers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...